"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lucky as Me



Dear Readers--dear friends,

I want to express my gratitude for a best friend. I hope that each of you is as luck as I--to have a friend so willing to do what's best for you; who has taken the time to come to know you as a person; who loves you so honestly that you feel safety in that love; who makes you laugh and listens when no one else will; who kicks you in the butt when you need it; who reminds of what's most important in life; who believes in you when you don't believe in yourself.

A real best friend.

Over a year ago, I walked into a computer lab in the basement of the Kimball Tower for my first lesson in STATA, and unbeknown to the Teaching Assistant and myself, it was the start of one of the most beautiful friendships of my life.

Thank you, dear best friend. Thank you.




Through all the regression models,



late nights in the library,

the classic rock,

In-N-Out consumption,

Poli-Sci vs. Econ jokes,

finals week,

the laughs, and the tears, the classic movie nights, the teasing, the notes, bouquets of sharpened pencils, chocolate covered almonds, the out of country adventures, and all of it we have grown to be the best friends in the world, and I will forever cherish that. Hope you know how much I love ya. Thank you for your example. I'm excited for our continued adventures.

xo.

So, dear readers of mine--when you find a best friend like the one I've got--cherish it. Kindred Spirits are rare.

Song of the day is Come What May from Moulin Rouge. It's so pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, my dear friend.

    I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the gratitude goes both ways xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete