"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wish! Wish! Wish!

I realized that aside from a very short, very pathetic, very stressed out blog post I did a couple weeks before finals-- I haven't posted a real post in a long time. I then realized I had no idea what I wanted to blog about: Christmas festivities, how awesome it is to do nothing, the fabulous dance party I had in the kitchen with my sister yesterday . . . nothing was really working for me. Then I remembered that it is LIST TUESDAY. Blog dilemma solved.


So...

When I was a small child, I absolutely loved Winnie the Pooh. Oh how I loved him. My favorite episode was called The Wishing Bear and when I was three years old, my mom and I would recite the wishing poem with the appropriate motions over and over again... while I loved it every time, I'm sure she was driven to less than kind thoughts by the end. We did it for hours and hours. Literally.




Flap like a bird!
Jump like a fish!
Sit down! Stand up!
Wish! Wish! WISH!


Now, what does flapping like a bird and jumping like a fish have to do with my Tuesday list? I'll tell you. I still love Winnie the Pooh; I always will and largely because Winnie the Pooh is all about deep friendships and love. And so during this Christmas season with all the presents, the hustle and the bustle, I want to stop and remember what it is really all about: deep friendships, family, and love.

Love-- to be honest--is something that I have been thinking about quite a bit lately. So, I'll stop babbling and give you my list now.


1. family
2. temples
3. my mom's cinnamon rolls
4. clean towels
5. our Savior
6. listening
7. grandma's quilts
8. tuesday mornings
9. fast sundays
10. pizza nights
11. prophets
12. hard work
13. new born babies
14. butterfly kisses
15. answered prayers


I hope that the last few days before Christmas find you all well. All my love for the holiday season and the new year.




= )

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I found this post late! What a SWEET post!

    I remember that EXACT EPISODE of Winnie the Pooh because we loved him too - and in fact, we still have it :) My favorite part was when he was wearing his little star jammies - I thought that was just too adorable :) And your old quote from the original Pooh books is one of my favorites as well... SO SWEET :)

    I LOVED your list! Yes, the things that are most important are usually right in front of us and in the center of our lives. I always say the small, "ordinary" things are really not so small at all - they usually bring us the most joy. We do have so much to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing your list and for your gentle reminder of what's most important!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete