"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Favorite Blessing


I know it's probably wrong to have a favorite blessing but I do.

Sometime you have days like I had yesterday... I told you all about it in my last post... the week piles up, you get behind on things, you're trying to be spiritual and whhhhammmo, adversary just hits you with everything he's got.

And his everything is pretty tough... he makes me question if I'm headed in the right direction. I doubt the future and I doubt myself. I start to feel really pathetic and panicked and fretful . I question my interactions with others. Do I bug people? Am I a opinionated brat? Why am I not as smart as that girl? Why haven't I taken that class yet or picked an internship? Do I work hard enough? Do I work smart enough?

The list of question associated with the self-doubt he hits me with could go on and on.

But I'm lucky, because I have a Heavenly Father and a Savior that love me and just when I begin to feel really frustrated in fighting back against all these feelings they give me a little something extra: a favorite blessing: a boost of faith.

A quiet reassurance comes that I am headed in the right direction.

It happened a few times today: walking across campus, in a research meeting, driving home.

The spirit just whispered so softly, I almost missed it. It's a soft, quiet calming that I'm headed in the right direction and need to keep my focus on the positive.


That is my favorite blessing: confidence from the Lord. It's a different kind of confidence. It's a confidence that lasts and that grows as you learn to draw closer to Heavenly Father and the Savior.

Isn't that an amazing gift? Gentle whisperings from the spirit.


As a side note, I went to a lecture this evening in honor of Marjorie Pay Hinckley. I want to be just like this great woman in so many ways. She understood so amazingly important parts of life.

This coming week I am going to try and take theses words to heart. Notice how she captures a deeper meaning of charity.


"We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young, and hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old...We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other. These friendships are a necessary source of sustenance. We need to renew our faith every day. We need to lock arms and help build the kingdom so that it will roll forth and fill the whole earth."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley


I hope you all have a fantastic week-end. I've got lost of amazing things planned. Stay tuned for pictures.


2 comments: