"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Ah. The enemy within."


Tonight in a fit of desperation I slammed my front door at approximately 9:40 pm, drove to Macy's grocery store where I made two purchases.

Tangent: What girl looks like that--yeah photo above--when they are on their period? Right, no one. Geez!

Purchase number one: pamprin--maximum strength. I'm not messing around people. I was ready to kill someone tonight. My whole body felt like it was going to burst with irrational irritability.

Purchase number two:


This ice cream saves lives people. I'm not sure what limited edition means exactly... a few weeks, a few months, a few years... but amaretto almond crunch really needs to become an official member of the Haagen-Dazs family.

I marched (and by marched I mean shuffled pathetically) to the check out. The young lady at the register studied my combined purchases, surveyed my pony tailed hair, old t-shirt, and lack of any make-up, and then cautiously asked, "How are you tonight?" Glancing nervously from the pamprin, to the ice cream, to me, and then back to the pamprin.

The guy behind me back up a few feet. Trying to stare anywhere but at me or the bottle of pamprin.

We ALL knew the answer to that question. I was and am definitely NOT okay.

Compound all of this hormonal imbalance with finals, ta stuff, ra stuff, stupid boys (oh yes, there's more to that last anti-dating blog post than you thought), etc. and whaaamoo: you get a really moody Alissa.

Now enjoy these funny cartoons and please watch these commercials-- makes me smile.





I'm going to sleep.







(sorry for the swear word, but that's just hilarious)

Night!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post :)Very clever and very real, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so adorable! even on your period :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid boy stories? I wanna hear it sometimes. :v

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my whole life worth living. BAHAHA! I seriously love you.

    ReplyDelete