"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Monday, November 15, 2010

Scripture of the Week

All:

I hope that you had a wonderful Sunday. Mine was a whirlwind of learning about myself, my relationship to my Heavenly Father, fear, and love.

I am grateful for this Sunday. I jotted down several notes in my journal concerning a compelling discussion I had with a very good friend this evening. This discussion helped me to understand some of the spiritual frustrations I have been experiencing for the last seven or eight months.

As I go to sleep tonight I feel as though a dam has broken within my heart, and I am finally ready to learn.

So, every Monday I am going to share some of my Sunday learning with you. I hope that this can be an edifying experience for us all. In doing so, I am going to pick one scripture for the week. I am going to work to apply this scripture in my life all week. I'll keep notes and then give you a little update at the end of the week in a follow up post.

Today I learned a lot about the differences in what motivates us to action and inaction: love and fear. A lot of my actions or lack thereof have been the result of fear. An intense fear that has caused me to lose sight of who I actually am. A daughter of a most loving God--a literal Father in Heaven. Isn't that amazing? We each have a Father who loves us so dearly and is so concerned for us each. Fear can cause us to forget this important foundation to our lives and to our very identity. I had forgotten, and I didn't even realize it.

Luck would have it, or to be totally honest Heavenly Father would have it that I was blessed with a best friend who has understood my worth while I could not see it. He has helped me put my feet back on the path to my Heavenly Father. I am going to make it home--home in Heaven.

So, with that, my scripture for this week is from the book of Isaiah. Isaiah 35: 4. It reads,

"Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

We do have a Father in Heaven that desires each of us to draw near to him with our hearts and through our actions. But we can't do that if we are afraid. We must be strong and fear not. God will come and he will save each of us--not just in the grand scheme of things. I mean every day, in every moment if we will let him in.

I'll let you know how trusting and coming to know my Heavenly Father better this week goes next Monday.

Song of the day is Jesus Love is Like a River.

All my love to each of you. Draw close to your Heavenly Father this week. Sometimes we forget to be still and know our God.


The picture of this balloon is actually very significant to tonight, but that is a blog post for another night. :-)


2 comments: