"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Quest for "Muchness" Continued

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." Great little phrase, no? It's accredited to one of my favorite founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin (he falls short only to James Madison who is my all time favorite founding father, if you were wondering).

"Be at war with your vices." I just love that. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to personal accomplishment and growth. We must constantly be pushing against ourselves to better ourselves--at least I know I do. There is no way to possibly sit stagnant--the very nature of our beings revolts at the thought. We either move forward or slip steadily backward. And something I've come to realize is my slipping slowly backward comes from procrastination--from putting off today what I can just as easily do tomorrow. This attitude lacks the personal resolve and tenacity that I desire to develop in the coming months. And so, as before mentioned, I have created a personal score card in order to do today what I only think can easily be done tomorrow.


So, here is what my score card looks like. I broke things down into four different areas. Each was constructed based on my Day's Resolutions for the new year and some personal vices that I am going to the mattresses with. Please DON'T feel obligated to read my notes on my personal points system. They are long and tedious. I just wanted to post the finished project here to show you that I am going to do this. I'll post my scored cards on a Sunday blog each week. Hopefully with some fun stories.



Finding Her Muchness

Physical:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

2pt. Miles

2pt. Sit ups

2pt. Leg Raises

2pt. Crunches

2pt. Push-Ups

2pt. Squats

2pt. Lunges

2pt. Lifts

14 possible pts.

Notes: 2 points will be awarded for at least one mile run and 25 of each additional exercise. 1 point will be awarded for a half mile run and 15 of each exercise. Anything less will receive zero points.


Spirituality:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

4pt. Scriptures

5pt. AM Prayers

1pt. PM Prayers

4pt.Ensign

14 possible pts.

Notes: 4 points will be awarded for two chapters of scripture study each night. 2 points will be awarded for one chapter of scripture study each night. 1 point will be awarded for 5 verses of scripture study each night. 5 points will be awarded for morning prayers. No points will be awarded if morning prayers are missed. 1 point will be awarded for evening prayers. No points will be awarded if evening prayers are missed. 4 points will be awarded for a whole Ensign article studied. 2 points will be awarded for half an Ensign article studied. 1 point will be awarded for a spiritual thought found in an Ensign article for the day.


Educational:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

4 pt. Readings

5 pt. Tasks

3 pt. Attendance

1 pt. TA Hours

1 pt. RA Hours

14 possible pts.

Notes: 4 points will be awarded for all course readings completed before class. No points will be awarded if course readings are not completed before a given class period. 5 points will be awarded if all homework, papers, tests, etc. are completed on time for a given day. 3 points will be awarded for perfect class attendance on a given day. 1 point will be awarded for partial class attendance (e.g. I attend 357 and not SFL 100). 1 point will be awarded for appropriate TA hours completed on a given day. Likewise, 1 point will be awarded for appropriate RA hours completed on a given day.



Personal

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

2 pt. Laundry

1 pt. Make Bed

2 pt. Dishes

2 pt. Diet

4 pt. H2O Intake

3 pt. Bedtime

14 possible pts.

Notes: 2 points will be awarded for no laundry out of order in my room and for all dirty laundry being washed on Saturday. One point will be awarded if no laundry is out of order in my room and no laundry is washed on Saturday. 1 point will be awarded for making my bed in the morning. No points will be awarded for a messy bed. 2 points will be awarded for no personal dishes in the sink. 1 point will be awarded for dishwasher ready dishes in the sink (e.g. nothing more than a rinsed fork and plate). Zero points will be awarded for neglected dishes. 2 points will be awarded for no soda, candy, and sweets intake on a given day. Zero points will be rewarded for any processed sugar intake Monday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday one treat is allowed if and ONLY IF in a social setting (e.g. going out for ice cream with friends, dessert on a date, etc.). 4 points will be awarded for a 100 FL OZ of water intake. 2 points will be awarded for 75 FL OZ of water intake. 1 point will be awarded for 50 FL OZ of water intake. Zero points will be awarded for anything less. 3 points will be awarded for being in bed by 10:30 pm. 2 points will be awarded for being in bed by 11:00 pm. No points will be awarded for anything after 11:00 pm.


So there it is, my personal board game of Resolute. I hope that your games are going well.

Love!

Song of the Day is Firework by Katy Perry. I can't stand her, but the lyrics to this song are a lot of fun. Plus, it makes me think of dancing in the kitchen with my fantastic siblings. So, don't judge me. Thanks. =)

3 comments:

  1. No points for dubskis? Have I taught you nothing? :) Just kidding; looks great, I'm excited to see it in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOSH. Daniel has totally corrupted you!!!
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Only in the best way possible. And it's not total corruption either, cause if it were I would be getting points for eating dubskis.

    ReplyDelete