"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Friday, August 5, 2011

Food for Thought

I had an interesting conversation with a friend today about the struggles of graduate school for LDS women. He asked me what the point of attending graduate school was if it was going to prove so difficult and if I --at some point--would likely have to balance children and either school or work.

James E. Faust is helping me to find the answers to such a question. He said,

One of your particular gifts is your feminine intuition. Do not limit yourselves. As you seek to know the will of our Heavenly Father in your life and become more spiritual, you will be far more attractive, even irresistible. You can use your smiling loveliness to bless those you love and all you meet, and spread great joy. Femininity is part of the God-given divinity within each of you. It is your incomparable power and influence to do good. You can, through your supernal gifts, bless the lives of children, women, and men. Be proud of your womanhood. Enhance it. Use it to serve others.

And President Hinckley,

The whole gamut of human endeavor is now open to women. There is not anything that you cannot do if you will set your mind to it. You can include in the dream of the woman you would like to be a picture of one qualified to serve society and make a significant contribution to the world of which she will be a part.


I'm going to make something of myself--yes it will be hard. Yes. There will be trying times. However, I know that if I get on my knees and ask for the Lord to direct my path angels will support my efforts.

Just some food for thought.

1 comment: