"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Choose this Day

Sometimes you get through an hour, a day, a week and realize you weren't and aren't the person that you want to be. I had one of those weeks. A friend bore his testimony in church today and said, "I feel like right before conference weekend, the adversary likes to turn up the heat--but that's okay because I'm like . . . 'Bring it.'" Well, I feel like that's been my last couple of weeks--the heat has been turned up.

However, that's okay. We've been blessed with an incredible gospel that provides us with the gift of the Holy Ghost, the strength of hope and faith, and the cleansing power of the atonement. We just have to learn how to trust. And maybe that's the hardest part. We've got to trust ourselves and we've got to trust ourselves to the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Joshua 24: 15 says, choose you this day whom you will serve. I learned something interesting.

This day is every day. We must actively choose who we will serve every day.

And that's what I'm going to work on this week--I'm going to choose every day to serve and follow the commandments Heavenly Father has given me. Before, you make a choice remember that in essence that choice is a choice to serve. Who are we serving with our actions?



I hope you had a blessed sabbath and will continue to have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment