"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm a Lover not a Fighter


so, my dating life for the last little while went a little something like this... *crushes another soda can* BUT...



Alright, insert foot... maybe both in mouth... yes... both my size 9.5 feet are about to be inserted in my mouth upon listing this post.


Remember all those nasty blog posts I've written over the last two years about dating? I remember. And they're all listed here for your enjoyment. For the last two years I've done nothing but rant about how I hate dating--how I'd rather stay in on the weekend and dye my eyebrows. Anything to avoid the overwhelming and all out depressing Provo dating scene. You know stuff like (in no particular order)...

July 9, 2011 "Boys are dumb.. that's all"

March 23, 2011 I quoted this, "How many of you started dating because you were too lazy to commit suicide?" And swore off dating for the rest of the semester.

Or at least threatened to...

June 28, 2011 "my dating life is comical." And I mentioned it was "a huge source of frustration."

July 27, 2011 "Time for me to vent a little more about the "men" in my life..."

The list just goes on and on.

I walked across campus hating every girl I saw clinging to her "perfect" prince charming's hand. I was convinced that there wasn't anyone for me and every time I thought there might be... it didn't turn out so well.


yeah... kinda like that.


HOWEVER, I would now like to introduce you all to someone who grows ever nearer and dearer to my heart. Someone that made every one of those blog posts and all the horrible experiences and emotions behind them worth it.



What can I say... secretly on the inside I've been a lover not a fighter.

There I did it. Both feet in my mouth. Please forgive me. I'm very happy to be wrong this time.

= )


1 comment: