"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Child of Light

























Hello blog-sphere,

Life has been such a whirl, I almost forgot you were here... well I'm back. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute that you all will find worthwhile. Stop by, leave a warm fuzzy on my comment box. They make my day.

Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my favorite movies of all time. And at one point in the film Evelyn--one of the main characters--shares this nugget of wisdom.


"Someone helped put a mirror up in front of my face... and I didn't like what I saw one bit.

You know what I did?

I changed."


Pondering over what the sabbath day should be for me, this quote came to mind. Sunday is a dy for reflection and renewal. We have the opportunity each Sunday to partake in the sacrament. We are able to renew our baptismal covenants, reflect on our lives--figuring out what we want to change. We get to REPENT and strive for improvement with a loving Savior's help.

Goal: make each Sabbath day a time of reflection and repentance.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! We were talking about change in my Neuroscience Literature class today...the things we do eventually become part of our personality. And then one day we wake up and realize it isn't part of who "we" are anymore, so we change it. Excellent notion <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back into the blog-sphere.

    ReplyDelete