"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cravings

It hit me. I haven't watched a REALLY good movie in ages. I think that the last EXCELLENT film I watched was African Queen sometime the middle/end-ish of Winter semester. Ah, I'm craving them. Old movies. The classics.

Casa Blanca

and...

South Pacific.

and...

Funny Face. The list could just go on. My Man Godfrey, Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, How to Marry a Millionaire... you get the idea.

Oh how I love them. The music, the dancing, the cinematography, everything. Fred Astaire, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Marylin Monroe, the whole gang--such talent.

So, it's definitely decided from June 21 until July 17th you will find me upstairs in our game room having a "classic" movie marathon.

Now if I can just get my parents to invest in one of these...



Haha, I'd be sitting pretty. Seriously, look at that thing. It's got couch potato written ALL over it.

All my Lovin'!!

Song of the day is The Beacon by A Fine Frenzy.

And I just bought by tickets for Haiti. 659 ROUND TRIP!!! AMAZING.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That IS amazing! I bet you are so excited! Do you leave for Haiti July 17th? And you will be there for 2 weeks? So cool :)

    Ah, the classics. Wait for Daniel to watch "Singing in the Rain" - he was raised on that movie and hasn't seen it forever! And ask him about the "Thin Man" series - you may like them :) That chair looks SA-WEET!!! Is that seriously a mini ice chest??? Wow :D

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete