"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bored on a Summer Night.

Alrighty then folks. I should apologize for my last three or four posts: depressing. I don't know why you didn't just run for a greener side of the bloggy world because this week it didn't just look greener, it really was!

BUT

But here is something that is dedicated to two of my very favorite readers and probably only they will get a kick out of reading it, but I had so much fun answering these question, and I thought--blog post. Nothing better than bad mouthing your best friend when you don't feel like hitting the hay on a hot summer night. Enjoy!

My best bud from college is named Daniel Walker, and he calculated roughly that collectively we have spent about 10-14 days together. SCARY. He didn't tell me what the confidence interval on those numbers were, so you'll just have to take that up with him. Here is a little of what I have learned in those some odd 10-14 days.


Can you answer 48 questions about just 1 person??? Pick a friend and don’t change half way through. A Facebook Challenge.


1) What’s their name?

Daniel John Walker

2) Does he or she have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Nope. He freaks them out by letting them know when they have spent a statistically significant amount of time together.

3) Do you get along with this person all the time?

We have argued once. And I won. So yes. We get along all the time!

4) How old is the person?

24- grumpy old man.

5) Has he/she ever cooked for you?

If buying dub-i-dubs counts then yes.

6) Is this person the same age as you?

haha...Not even close.

7) Have you ever kissed this person?

Well, I kissed him on the cheek once for buying me In-N-Out. Does that count?

8.) Have you ever laughed for longer than 2 minutes in a row with this person?

On many occasions.

9) Are you related to this person?


No sir. Our child would look really funny if we were. And while he’s still in there cooking—so far so good.

10) Are you really close to him/her?

absolutely.


11) Nickname?

Papa Bear

12) Do they have a nickname for you?

cookie and "get away from my dub-i-dubs."

13) Has this person been outside the country?

He is out of the country right now. Making this-- I think-- his fourth time? Is that right or are there other trips I don’t know about?

14) Do you think they will repost this?

Since I’m not putting this on facebook. I doubt he will. I may not even get a reaction. He’s off in Africa doing much more important things. Like watching the world cup.

15) Could you live with this person?

HAHAHHAHA- probably one of the only people I have met in my entire college career that I could actually share an apartment with and NOT kill. Well, most of the time.

16) Why did you pick this person?

Because we have spent a statistically significant amount of time together. :-)

17) How long have you known this person?

Coming up on a year this fall. Weird.

18) What's your favorite thing to do with this person?

CPK or Indian food followed by a movie night complete with brownies and ice cream. OR dream up weird research projects involving subjects that range from political science, econ (but generally only he talks when it’s on this subject), In-N-Out, the loo (oh wait that one is just his too), and goodness knows what else.

19) Can you name one favorite memory with this person?

Probably the time he was my TA. and I pelted him in the head with a salt water taffy during a econometrics lecture. Good times. Well, it was funny to me. He probably thought I was an annoying little bugger.

21) Why would you miss this person?

It’s awesome to have a friend that knows you so well because they are so much like you. He can set me straight when I need it, and knows when I am having a hard day no matter how hard I fake a good attitude. Every one should be lucky enough to have a friend like that.

22) Have you ever written a song about this person?

No- but if I did, it would be country. Just to bug him.

23) Have you ever done something really stupid or illegal with this person?

Probably the stupidest thing I have ever done with Danny is … hmmm, raced chairs in the Kimball Tower or eaten too much at I-Hop WAY past 9 pm. Nothing illegal. Just slap silly fun.

24) How many piercings does this person have?

none that I know of… he’s wild though. He might have a belly piercing I don’t know about. ;-)

25) Would you date this person’s siblings?

Ummm, can you say most gorgeous boys EVER. He knows I’m only friends with him to keep an eye on his baby brothers. I’m waiting for them to grow up.

26) Have you ever made something with this person?

Really ridiculous regression models and an outline for a stupid paper for a political philosophy class I had last semester and hated every minute of, almost. I am actually going to TA it in the winter. Go figure!

27) Have you and this person ever got into a fight?

Fight is strong word… but yeah. I would say once. That’s ancient history. Doesn’t ever even cross my mind.

28. Have you ever gone skinny dipping with this person?

uhhhhhhhhh, no. Too much dubski and not enough running. That is a privilege neither of us as earned. Skinny dipping. Out of the question.


30) What's something special you share?

An insane love for Europe and education.

32) What's the nicest thing they've ever given you?

A lifelong dub-i-dubs addiction.

33) Have you ever worn this person's clothes?

I love his sweater and I stole a pair of his p.j pants. But he stole some of mine. So we’re square.

34) Whats this person's favorite food?

Dub-i-dubs. That’s easy. But it MUST have grilled onions or he cries like a little girl.

35) If it was “freaky friday” would you switch bodies with this person?

I might, cause we all know he’s dang sexy. BUT I’m pretty darn cute too. So, I would probably leave us as the fantastic pair that we are--better to rule the world with, my dear.


36) Have you ever heard this person sing?

ARE YOU GONNA TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT… PLEASE! (Haha, yes. My ears are still bleeding.)

37) Have you ever gone dancing with this person?

Nope. Though we should add that to our list of to-do’s.

38) If this person were a color, what would they be?
That’s tough. Black or Baby blue.

39) When's the next time you will see this person?

End of August right before the semester starts, and then I will be seeing too much of him at EIGHT IN THE FREAKING MORNING IN CALC!

40) Does this person have brothers and/or sisters?

Just two brothers and a fabulous cousin (gorgeous girl) that is like the sister they never had I would say.

41) If you could go anywhere in the world with this person, where would you go?

Oh my goodness. I can’t make this choice on my own, but we would probably start in Spain, and then who knows what the heck would happen once we were loose!

42.) What are you looking forward to be doing with this person?

ANYTHING on our fall/winter to-do list besides calc homework that is…

43) What makes this person feel happy?

Sleep. The World Cup. Dubskis. Journey. Queen. The Beatles. Giving me .5 less on a homework assignment than Bobby all that time ago, though I am sure he still gets some weird joy out of it. Traveling anywhere and everywhere. Curling. Bratwurst. MJ, and PHD programs. … take your pick, I’ve got more!


44) Do you and this person talk a lot?

Haha, probably too much.

45) Can you describe this person in one word?

grumpy-old-man. It’s hyphenated. It’s one word.

46) If you were to make a film about this person what would it be called?

The Story of a Magic Man: the Making of Daniel Walker.

47) Have you and this person got into a fist fight?

Yes, but I lose because he always just throws me over his shoulder. Not fair.

48) Do you want to be friends with them forever?

This last question is almost too cheesy to answer…rolls eyes... If I have to be friends with him.

I guess so.




3 comments:

  1. Okay it is seriously impossible to express how adorable that is - like no word in the dictionary will even do. I can't believe all the work you put into that - AND that your answers are so unbelievably accurate! I had sooo many comments I thought of making as I was reading certain questions/answers but I wouldn't even know where to start - you did such an amazing job though, you don't even need them! The thing that gets me the most is... that grumpy-old-man will read this, smile to himself and silently *love* it, and say practically NOTHING to you about it... and I'll want to smack him upside the head :/

    So. Doggone. Fun. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan-

    I am so glad that you like it! It was fun to write up and kinda scary. I realized just how well I actually do know Daniel. Ha-ha. In fact, there were often many answers to one question. I just had to pick and choose.

    THOUGH. I must say, I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes last night, and he told me that he loved it and that I am too sweet to him. ;-) Probably true, but he's still a grumpy-old-man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's FOR SURE. And just FYI? Don't EVER let him convince you into using a bidet, no matter how amazing he says they are. TRAUMA. That is all.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete