"...Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

“An author doesn't necessarily understand the meaning of his own story better than anyone else.”

I've been thinking about life lately...
I know, how specific of me--I guess I've been
thinking more about getting through life lately.
Life is hard. Period. And I think too often we make it harder
than it has to be for each other. I don't get it.



Question of the day: Why do we treat people in a way that we would never want to be treated?

This led me to think about all the different categories that I've encountered through life. Categories that I've been put in, categories I've put people in, etc.


There's the blondes

The Jocks


The nerds

The cool kids, the dumb kids, the skater kids, the SoCal kids, the tools, the sluts, the goodie-two-shoes, the naive kids, the home-schooled kids, the emo kids, the weird kids... so many categories and I just want to yell into the great social void ....

STOP! STOP! STOP!

Why can't we embrace our own humanity and see the humanity in others as opposed to just another blonde, just another smart kid, just another weirdo.

INDIVIDUALITY IS BEAUTIFUL. NOT A THREAT.



We need to realize that individuality doesn't divide... It unites. It allows us to love each other more fully because the essence of charity is to set aside your own insecurities and love yourself and others as Christ would. We can't obtain a Christlike love until we stop categorizing each other.

Just a thought.

Now go be unique and love unique people!

We're all in the mortality thing together.



And watch this...



2 comments:

  1. I like...A LOT. eXcept for the blondes reference. I resent that, I am naturally blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just thinking about that. Because sometimes it can really suck.

    ReplyDelete